Located in Marckolsheim in pillbox # 35 on the third line of defense, this Memorial commemorates the fierce fighting of June 15, 16 and 17, 1940, which resulted in over 80% destructions for the town. The rooms have been rehabilitated such as they were in 1940: firing chambers, generating unit, sleeping quarters, command post, well for drinking water etc. They are outfitted with original weapons such as an antitank gun, machine guns, mortars, Bren guns, as well as a variety of optical equipment. Weapons and their ammunition, war memorabilia or photographs taken in 1939 and 1940 are displayed in the cabinets. Outside are exhibited various military vehicles, including a 152 mm Russian gun, a Sherman tank, a half-track, an armored car, a field kitchen, an anti-aircraft Bofors gun and part of a Bailey bridge.
March 15 - June 15 and September 15 - November 15: 9 am - 12 noon and 2 pm - 6 pm Sundays and public holidays. June 15 - September 15: 9 am - 12 noon and 2 pm - 6 pm. Groups by appointment throughout the year.
Languages spoken :
Animals accepted :
Rates in € : - Adult rate : 2,50 - Child rate : 1,50 Discounted rates : - Free for children (age limit) : 7